Tuesday 6 November 2012

Daniel Paille: Bruins Stanley Cup Auto

The "certified" auto's left in this project are almost done, and so far this has been the hardest to find, a 2010-11 O-Pee-Chee Signatures Daniel Paille courtesy of eBay. Listed as a short print, this is the first copy of this card I have seen and I was pretty nervous about getting it. Due to a move I was without internet access at home and this auction ended on a Sunday. So before leaving work on the Friday I put a max bid of $82.00 on it and hoped for the best. Come Monday morning at work I was happy to find I had won the auction for $24.50 shipped, a reasonable price in my books.

Paille was acquired by Boston from Buffalo two games into the 2009-10 season, the first trade of a player between the two clubs in franchise history. After playing in 74 games, scoring 10 goals with 9 assists in his first season in Boston, Paille only played in 43 regular season games due to injury and healthy scratches in 2010-11. Come playoff time Paille proved to be a valuable piece of a championship team, playing in all 25 playoff games with 3 goals, 3 assists while killing penalties and playing well in his own end. In game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals, Paille would have one of his best games, scoring a short handed goal and adding an assist in a 8-1 Boston victory.




No comments:

Post a Comment